Looking for a job can be a competitive experience. Volunteers of America's Working Wardrobe provides men and women with business attire and the tools they need to achieve success as they conduct job searches and move into the workforce.
Volunteers of America's Working Wardrobe provides:
- Appropriate professional and business attire for job interviews and everyday work.
- One on One guidance and tips on how to conduct oneself during interviews, such as; posture, eye contact, answering questions, etc.
- Tips about applying make-up, appropriate hairstyles, and accessorizing for both interviews and the workplace.
- Information about where to obtain/purchase additional clothing at affordable prices and how to budget for clothing purchases.
- Referrals to adult support services as appropriate.
The Working Wardrobe needs donations of:
- Men and Women's Business Attire (larger sizes are especially needed)
- Business Casual Attire
- Dress Shoes
- Accessories (purses, belts, ties, etc.)
- Make-up (for all shades and skin-types)
- Personal hygiene items
Donations can be dropped of at any VOA store location; however, please inform the store attendant that your donation is for the Working Wardrobe Program. The attendant will place your donation in the appropriate location so that it can be directed to the Working Wardrobe. You can call 585-647-1150 to schedule a free donation pick-up. When donating with a pick up, simply label your bags/boxes Working Wardrobe and tell the Call Center Representative that you are donating to the Working Wardrobe.
If you would like to schedule a company or group drive, please call the Working Wardrobe Program Manager directly at (585) 402-7250.
To utilize the Working Wardrobe program you must:
- Get a referral from an agency within the community (the referral must be on the agency's letterhead and signed by an authorized representative).
- Schedule an appointment by calling (585) 402-7250.
- Arrive at 214 Lake Avenue on time for your appointment (if you are 15 minutes late, your appointment will need to be rescheduled).
- Bring your referral letter with you to the appointment (if you do not have your letter with you, your appointment will need to be rescheduled).
- Enjoy your consultation and leave "Dressed to Impress!"